Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Tuesday's Afterthoughts

Boy, did today get away from me!  However, everywhere I went I observed folks using their devices.  Out of 61 people in the DMV today, 42 of them were using a device for a part, if not all, of their waiting time.  There was an incredible range of individuals; old, young, men, women... While I was waiting I shared the video we saw in class, A View of Students Today, with my 15 year-old son.  I thought he would be impressed that I was acknowledging the average teenager's plight, but he just said, "Yeah, Mom.  Duh!"  There you have it.

I enjoyed experiencing relative success with iMovie today!  I'm excited to use it more and become more familiar with it. 

1 comment:

  1. Your reflection is one more push in the direction of developing a personal device use policy for my school.
    If we continue with our current policy (If I see it I take it away) we are encouraging kids to be sneaky. The most adept at hiding what they're doing are "allowed" to use devices, while the clumsy and befuddled aren't. Better to establish a reasonable policy that recognizes how much these devices are becoming part of our everyday life.

    ReplyDelete